The Northfield Mayor’s Task Force on Youth Alcohol and Drug Use (MTF) was formed at the initiative of several community members, former Mayor Lee Lansing, and former Police Chief Gary Smith. As the Mission Statement of the Mayor’s Task Force on Youth Alcohol & Drug Use indicates, members are “advocates for and with youth, committed to creating a community where our youth can lead healthy lives free of alcohol and drug use.”
The Northfield Mayor’s Task Force on Youth Alcohol and Drug Use is one of four action teams of the Rice County Chemical Health Coalition.
Meetings are typically held on the first Monday of the month; special meetings are occasionally called. Meetings are held from 7-9 pm at the Northfield Community Resource Center (NCRC), 1651 Jefferson Parkway. All are welcome at the meetings.
The Northfield Mayor’s Task Force on Youth Alcohol and Drug Use partners with other community groups and works on a variety of projects.
Recent Blog Posts
- KYMN Radio Interview: MTFYADU “Report to Community”
- National Recovery Month Celebrated on KYMN Radio
- MTFYADU Member Shares his Recovery Story
- Northfield’s Social Host Ordinance Proving Successful
- MTFYADU members talk about youth stress and pressure